Boom Generation Fitness

Mind - body fitness and health strategies for powering thru later years

The blog is aimed at the generation that was born between 1946 and 1964 - the so-called Baby Boomers.

We are now into our middle-age and very interested in staying fit and healthy until well into our senior years.

This blog provides some of the tools to do just that. You can find posts here and lots more by clicking on the links to THINK FIT and THE FITNESS PAPERS (see left side column).

These pages are about any and all matters concerning wellness, mind, body and spirit and, of course, physical exercise of all sorts. A special feature is an emphasis on individuals who can provide examples for us all of a healthy, energetic and positive life.

............WELCOME!

Geoff Quartermaine Bastin

More about who I am on:
http://www.visualcv.com/users/185930-fitnessman/cvs/223748

Saturday, May 02, 2009

MORE THAN HUMAN?

The World Tranhumanist Association says it is "for the ethical use of technology to extend human capabilities". It's link is http://www.transhumanism.org/

I'm intrigued by this, so I've just joined the Association as a subscriber via their website.  As the father of a brain damaged son (result of a car injury that has left him with severe dyspraxia) I'm absolutely interested in what technology can do when it is combined with the human "meat machine".  I hope that my son (aged 25) will be around when implanted nano-chips can restore him to what he was.  And I'm also pretty interested in seeing how technology can extend MY life or make it better than it was! I've already had an intraocular lens replacement in my left eye that leaves me with better sight (and no need to wear a contact lens) than I've ever had.  Best $2,000 (in Bangkok) that I ever spent! What else can be replaced? More on this exciting subject to come.

No comments: